Terrarium, Vivarium and Mossarium Potting Mix Soil by Highland Moss
The Highland Moss Terrarium Potting Mix is a handmade blend of high-quality ingredients that are specially formulated for terrariums. This premium mix is perfect for creating a base for a lush, healthy, and vibrant terrarium environment.
Suitable for open and closed terrariums, mossariums, moss bowls and kokedama.
The mix includes a combination of our fresh, hand-picked sphagnum moss with other ingredients to create ideal drainage, water retention and humidity inside your terrarium to ensure optimal plant growth.Make sure you have everything you need
Materials you need to create a terrarium:
- Terrarium Soil: A specialist blend that is tailored for humidity-loving plants
- Sphagnum Moss: Helps with water retention and improves drainage
- Activated Charcoal: To prevent mould and provide an additional layer of filtration
- Drainage layer: Stones or clay pebbles for added drainage
- Selection of Humidity-loving plants: A variety of plants that thrive in high-humidity environments
- Decorative Stones: To add a decorative touch around your plants
- Cushion or Sheet Moss: To add a natural touch around your plants
- Additional decorations: Use crystals, favourite ornaments, pieces of wood, bark or anything else you want
- Glass container: can be closed or opened, the best is made of clear glass
- Springtails: Make your terrarium a bio-active thriving environment with those little helpers
- Tools: Help you create a beautiful terrarium and maintain it later
- Mister: Delicately spray a gentle mist of water, ensuring your plants receive the moisture they need to thrive
From: £5.00 Please select an option before adding to cart.
Please always make sure to use a good quality, suitable growing medium in your terrarium as it plays a crucial role in the overall health and growth of plants. Poor soil or not suitable for terrarium soil can lead to poor drainage, waterlogging, and poor nutrient uptake and result in weak & unhealthy ecosystems. Good quality soil ensures that your plants and moss have the proper environment to thrive, promoting healthy growth and long-lasting beauty in your terrariums.
0.5L – Suitable for medium terrariums (for example 25cm height & 16cm base).
3L – Suitable for extra large terrariums or a few smaller ones.
Please note that in an effort to minimize packaging and waste in our shop, we may pack larger quantities of our products including soil, into larger bags. For example, if you order 2 bags of 0.5l, you may receive one bag with 1l of the product. This is to reduce the amount of packaging and waste and be more eco-friendly. If you have any concerns or special requests regarding the packaging of your order, please contact us before placing your order. We are committed to being environmentally responsible and appreciate your understanding. The terrarium’s growing medium is packaged in ziplock bags that can be stored for a long time if not used. Keep them in a cool, dark place.
Need extra help
If you prefer a super easy way to start with your terrarium project, we also offer large, eco-glass terrarium kits that include everything you need to create a beautiful terrarium, from the closed container with a cork lid to the soil, moss, and plants. Our website also has an article on how to make a terrarium with step-by-step instructions, helpful advice, and answers to frequently asked questions to help you get started.
0.5l, 1l, 3l